ENORME EANTHIA BEACH
Offering up a home-from-home atmosphere and a first-class location, it's no wonder the Enorme Eanthia Beach has a loyal following of regulars. The hotel has a modern new look after a refurbishment in 2017. It comes up trumps on the location front, too - it's no more than a 15-minute walk to picturesque Platanias harbour.
Rooms at the Enorme Eanthia Beach come complete with a balcony or terrace and kitchenette. There are studios available with a sea view as well as 40 m2 Two-Bedroom apartments.
The rectangular swimming pool comes with a generous terrace with plenty of umbrellas and sunbeds to spend your days on. It also comes with a pool bar which is where most of the entertainment, fun & activities takes place.
The a la cart Restaurant in front of the sandy beach serves up international but most Mediterranean dishes using fresh seasonal ingredients. There are plenty of Greek & Cretan specialties to try for.
Gerani, Platanias, Crete
Tel: +30 28210 61185
Fax: +30 28210 61205
DISTANCES & TRANSPORTATION
It consists of a double bed (French bed) or two twin beds and can accommodate up to two persons. It features en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and a toilet. A furnished balcony or terrace is also available along with a fully equipped Kitchenette.Free Wi-Fi
Room Size: 20m2
Max 2 people
It consists of a double bed or two twin beds and a sofa bed. It can accommodate up to three persons and it features en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and a toilet. A furnished balcony or terrace is also available along with a fully equipped Kitchenette.Free Wi-Fi
Room Size: 23m2
Max 3 people
It consists of a double bed or two twin beds attached and two sofa beds. It can accommodate up to 4 persons in two separate interconnecting rooms and it features en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and a toilet. A furnished balcony or terrace is also available along with a fully equipped kitchenette.Free Wi-Fi
Room Size: 40m2
Max 4 people
In Room FacilitiesDirect Dial Telephone
Fully Equipped Kitchenette
Safety Deposit Box *
Wi-Fi Internet Connection
Laundry Service *
Coffee & Tea Facilities
* Services with extra charge.
Hotel FacilitiesReception 24 Hours
Lobby – TV Room
1 Outdoor Swimming Pool (Sweet water)
1 Kids Swimming Pool (Sweet water)
Sunbeds & Umbrellas
Laundry Service *
All major Credit Cards are accepted
No pets allowed
Ramps in some rooms
Rooms designed for Persons with Special Needs
Open: May – October
Free use of Wi-Fi in all public areas and guest rooms
Refillable Coffee & Tea In-Room making facilities
* Services with extra charge.
Sports & EntertainmentTennis court
Aerobic - Aqua Aerobic
Food & BeverageA La Cart Restaurant serves breakfast with a menu
Snack Bar in front of Main Swimming pool serves snacks from 10:30 till 17:30
Pool Bar serves alcoholic drinks, spirits and various cocktails from 18:00 till 01:00
Taverna a la cart serves local & traditional dishes in front of the sandy beach from 18:30 till 23:00
Meals & Drinks08:00 - 10:30 Continental Breakfast
Notification required a day before (local charge may apply)
NotesSome facilities are subject to weather permitting and in some cases day & time restrictions and/or changes may apply.
All menus include vegetarian or healthy food options
The Samaria Gorge is a National Park of Greece since 1962 on the island of Crete – a major tourist attraction of the island – and a World's Biosphere Reserve. Located in southwestern Crete, it is one of Europe’s longest canyons. A popular hiking destination, its rugged river valley trail runs 10 miles (16 kilometers) from Xyloskalo in the White Mountains to the coastal village of Agia Roumeli.
The gorge is part of Samaria Gorge National Park, which enjoys a seat along the Libyan Sea coast. A steep stone pathway with wooden rails leads down to the trailhead on the gorge floor; from there, the path continues between sheer limestone canyon walls.
The most famous part of the gorge is the stretch known as the Gates (or, albeit incorrectly, as "Iron Gates"), where the sides of the gorge close in to a width of only four meters and soar up to a height of almost 300 meters (980 feet). Often more than 1,000 hikers hit the trail each day in summer, so it’s best to start early in the morning before the crowds arrive. The shallow stream on the valley floor runs with clear water in spring; in summer the riverbed rocks become stepping stones, and hikers can revive with a refreshing dip at the Agia Roumeli beach at the end of the trail. In any season, the hike takes most of the day, so hit the trail in the morning. The Samaria Gorge is known for its lush wildflowers in spring and summer. And hikers may catch glimpses of rare kri-kri—wild goats which is largely restricted to the park as their refuge—perched on the cliff tops and birds of prey circling in the sky above. The village and the gorge take their names after the village's ancient church, Ossia María.
The Archaeological Museum of Chania is administratively assigned to the Ephorate of Antiquities of Chania. It is housed in the katholikon of the Venetian monastery of Agios Frangiskos at Chalidon Street, in the Old Town of Chania. The temple, already testified in 1596, was converted during the Ottoman rule into a mosque named after the city buddy, Yusuf Pasha. At that time, the nowadays minaret and octagonal fountain in the courtyard were added to the northwest side. After the population exchange, it turned into a "brown sandan", a movie called "Ideon Andron" and, after the war, a military warehouse. The Museum has workshops for the preservation of antiquities. At the base of the bell tower, adjacent to the main entrance, operates at times a shop of the Archaeological Resources Fund.
History of the museum: The Archaeological Museum of Chania was founded in 1899. It was originally housed in two rooms of the Judicial Megaron. After the destruction of the antiquity of 1934, he was housed in the basements of the 1st Gymnasium of Chania, where he stayed until his enlistment by the German occupiers in 1941. A little later he moved to the mosque of Koutsouk Hassan, the Venetian harbor. The exhibition at the katholikon of the Monastery of Saint Francis was inaugurated in 1962. During the period 1977-1981 extensive works of restoration of the temple were carried out internally, while in 2000 the rich Collection of K., M. and K. Mitsotaki was installed there. At the same time, the construction of a new bigger museum was completed and was completed in 2015. It was built in the historical district of Halepa with funding from the Hellenic Competition for Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship 2007-2013. The implementation of the permanent exhibition is in progress and is expected to be completed by 2021 with the funding of the EPE "Crete 2014-2020".
Balos beach - lagoon is located on the northwestern corner of Crete, 53 Km from the city of Chania and 15 Km from the town of Kissamos. Balos is an exotic beach-lagoon formed between the peninsula of Gramvousa and the cape Tigani, while further to the north lie two islands, Imeri Gramvousa and Agria Gramvousa. Balos beach & lagoon as well as the island of Imeri Gramvousa can be reached by cruise ship that departs from the port of Kissamos (“Kavonisi”). Enjoying a pleasant voyage across the coastline on the along the coastway you will notice the phenomenon of land elevation by 6 to 9 meters above the sea level( dated more than 2.000 years ago). Also you have the ability to come here by yourself, driving up to a point and then continuing on foot.
Nothing can make you realize how you will feel when you come to Balos, to walk through the serene lagoon or lie in. Just swim in its shallow, crystal, emerald, aquamarine waters or relax on the white sandy beach, pink in some spots because of the crushed shell powder. Finally notice the wild natural beauty of the landscape, the cliffs and slopes rising above your head. Gramvousa island is a tourist's attraction due to the existence of a Venetian fortress built (in the shape of triangle with 1.000 meters long sides) on the highest part of the island.
Granvousa's fortress has its own long history. It began to being built around 1579 and 1584 by the Venetians, in the context of a general fortress construction program in Crete, to face the looming expansion of the Turks in the area of Crete and the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. Over the years, it was conquered by the Turks, liberated, occupied by the British and the French, and dominated again by the Turks. The castle was built on a steep hill of Imeri Gramvousa, on the edge of the homonymous peninsula, in order to protect the small natural harbor that exists in the area, within the framework of a wider Cretaceous design of Crete at the end of the Venetian domination. Nowadays it is an important bird habitat in the Eastern Mediterranean region, located along one of the bird migration ways of the planet. In the same sea area, the Mediterranean seal, bears its babies in the sea caves. The famous and endangered species of sea turtle Caretta - Caretta looks also for its nutrition.
Elafonissi (some people also call it Elafonissos or Elafonisi) is monument of pure natural beauty like an island and a peninsula at the same time, because to reach the island you have to walk through the sea. It is located in the southwest end of the prefecture of Chania, Crete, about 70km from the city of Chania. Elafonisi is a place of an exceptional natural beauty, and it has been included in the Natura 2000 Protection Program.
Someone could say that nature made its wonder in Elafonisi. This is the reason why it is such a popular destination in the prefecture of Chania, and a top of the top things to do / excursion from all over Crete.
What characterizes the area of Elafonissos and makes it such an exotic place, are the little sand islets formed, the shallow turquoise waters of the sea, which at a point looks like a lagoon, and certainly the fine white sand, pinkish at several spots because of the crushed shell powder.
The whole area is an endless summer playground for young and old alike. With shallow waters, pale pink-tinted sands, and sweeping dunes, Elafonisi is frequently and deservedly listed among Europe’s best beaches. The beach is connected to a protected island nature reserve, which is home to a variety of rare plants and animals, including loggerhead sea turtles. A little pocket of paradise and a must-see for visitors to Crete. (At low tide, visitors can walk across to the island via the exposed sandbar. At high tide, the sandbar is covered by wadable-depth water).
Falassarna beach (or Falasarna) is located in the western part of the prefecture of Chania, Crete, about 53 km from the city of Chania and 13 km from the town of Kissamos. Crystal clear waters, aquamarine sea and fine golden sand, are those which characterize Falasarna, which is considered to be one of the best beaches in the prefecture of Chania, all over Crete and among the most blue flag awarded in Europe.
The plain of Falasarna, abundant in greenhouses, becomes visible downhill the road, after taking the right turn, shortly before entering the well-known village of Platanos. A series of beaches await for you to discover them. In Falasarna ; beaches for all tastes, among which “Pachia Ammos” is the longest and widest one of the area, and, definitely, the most popular and frequently visited by people from all over the island.
The fine golden sand into and out of the sea is what most people seek on this beach, ideal for playing rackets, digging in the sand, or for a genuine and unforgettable relaxation. In addition, do not miss to grab the chance and visit the ancient Falasarna, one of the most important ports in Western Crete during its prosperity (4th - 3rd century BC), located at the western end of Cape Gramvousa on the west coast of Crete. The origin of her name is attributed to the nymph - local heroine named “Falassarna”.
The Museum was inaugurated on May 27, 1973, a date that coincided with the 32nd anniversary of the Battle of Crete.
It includes ship models, various naval instruments and devices, such as meteorimeters, barometers, anemometers, corridors, speeds, torpedoes, optional magnetic compasses, meteorological instruments, exhausters, uranosphere, anti-coronal steering instruments.
Also paintings, portraits, authentic historical photographs, such as the photo with the rise of the Flag of the Union of Crete with Greece, at the Firka Fortress of Chania, December 1, 1913, etc.
There are also relics, such as uniforms and other memories, heroic dead men of our Navy, weapons of 1912-13 dump operations, firecrackers, crashes, etc.
All exhibits from our naval tradition are classified according to historical periods, that is to say, a period of copper - Classical and Hellenistic (2,800 BC-6th century AD), Venetian period (1200 AD until the 17th century). ), Byzantine and Post Byzantine (650 AD until the 18th century), Ottoman rule, Independence match (1650 1909), Balkan wars (1912-1913), Second World War (1940-1944), Postwar period (1944).
Address: Akti Kountourioti, 73136 Chania
Phone: +30 28210 91875
Opening hours: Daily: 09:00 - 17:00, Sundays: 10:00 – 18:00
The rich archeological material, which has been gathered from the excavations that the 13th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities in the prefecture of Chania has been carrying out for many years, as well as from collections and donations, was a collection that clearly records the historical course of the westernmost prefecture of Crete the Early Christian years up to the Ottoman domination. Representative samples of this collection are displayed in the San Salvatore temple.
The aim of the presentation of the material of the Collection is to illustrate the historical and artistic character of the prefecture of Chania during Byzantine and post-Byzantine times. The exhibits were grouped by type in sections: mosaics, tombstones, frescoes, icons, architectural sculptures, pottery and miniature crafts, coins.
The works of each section are presented in chronological order. Maps and illustrative tables present the visitor with the origin of the exhibits and the historical context of their time.
The Museum was founded in 1967 and was inaugurated in September 1993. It is housed in a building that is a typical example of local traditional architecture and is developed on two levels. Ground floor with "acidity", inner courtyard, vaulted house with auxiliary rooms, attic floor. Part of the building was constructed during the Venetian occupation, while the first floor was during the Ottoman domination. It was used as a home by the end of the last century. In the community of Gavalochori donated by the couple George and Maria Stylianaki.
The exhibition of objects is according to modern museological concept, with explanatory texts, photographs, drawings, models and is enriched every year with new exhibits. It includes 7 halls where the following sections are developed: "Kamarospito", "Silk", "Ceramic", "Kopanelli", "Petradi-Lithokoi", "Church, Wood Sculpture".
In the historical part of the Museum there are exhibited weapons and swords from the long-standing Cretan struggles for freedom, a small part of the paintings and historical lithographs, in which the most important events of Greek and Cretan history are portrayed. Roman, Byzantine, Venetian, Turkish, Cretan, and Syracuse coins (405-345 BC). Also Gavalohorian medals, won in the battlefields.
Address: Gavalochori Apokoronou Chania, 73008 Gavalohori Apokoronou
Phone: +30 28250 23222, +30 28250 22625, +30 28250 22381
Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 20:00, Saturday: 09:00 – 19:00, Sunday: 11:00 – 18:00 (National Anniversaries & Holidays: Closed)
Imbros Gorge is an 11 km long canyon located near Hora Sfakion in southern Crete. It runs parallel to Samaria Gorge, but much easier to walk it through and its narrowest part has 1.60 m and it ends at the village of Kommitádes (8 km/ 650 m for hiking). The Imbros village (aka Nimbros) is located at an altitude of 780 meters and is at the South end of the fertile plain of Askyfou. The legend tells that two brothers were banished from Imbros in Turkey and lived in the Imbros village, Crete. In the past, the Imbros Gorge mule trail was the only connection between Chania and Hora Sfakion, before the road was built. Remainings of this trail can be still seen. The gorge witnessed an evacuation of several thousands of British soldiers during World War II before heading to Egypt. Despite being much smaller in size than Samaria, there are some very spectacular sections, especially the several very narrow passages. This is the sort of walk that you could easily walk with children and families. It also would not need to take a whole long day.
Above the entrance to the great harbor of Souda, where Paleokastro stands today near the village of Megala Chorafia, the extensive ruins of the ancient city of Aptera (also referred to as Apteria, Apterea, or Aptaria) can be found. The name Aptera, according to one tradition, derives from Apteron, king of Crete, son of Kydon and father of Lappios, who is said to have lived in the time of Moses around 1800 BC. The legend of Apteron lends itself to the suggestion that the city was once a colonial settlement governed by the Dorian Apteros or Aptaros who took part in the occupation of Crete towards the end of the Minoan era. The city walls of Aptera are made of large polygonal stones to the east and long rectangular ones to the west. The foundations of several large buildings have also been uncovered. Where the church of St. John now stands, once stood the Temple of the Muses. Nearby stood the offices of the college of the government of the time of which a whole wall of inscriptions has been preserved.
The Archaeological Museum of Kissamos is administratively owned by the Ephorate of Antiquities of Chania and is housed in the building of the old Venetian Cathedral, within the castle of Kastelli Kissamos.
The Museum's exhibition is developed on the ground floor and floor of the building and provides a diachronic picture of the history of the wider region of Kissamos from prehistoric to late antiquity. Particular emphasis is given to the Roman city of Kissamos, to which the floor is dedicated.
The findings are presented in chronological order in excavations and thematic sections.The exhibition is supported by surveillance material, while an electronic presentation is available with research and documentation around the most catastrophic earthquake of antiquity in 365 AD that hit Crete and lay down Kissamos.
The Archaeological Collection was founded in 1936 by the Philological Association of Kasteli. In 1937 it was first exhibited in two rooms on the ground floor of the building of the old Venetian Governorate, which was granted for this purpose. In the rest of the building, public services, such as the County Court, the Agronomy, the Land Registry, the library, etc. were housed at intervals.
In 2000, within the framework of the BCC, work began to restore the Kisamos Governorate and transform it into the Archaeological Museum of Kissamos. The work of the exhibition of antiquities in this new museum was included in the ROP of Crete under the 3rd CSF. The work was completed and the Museum started operations in September 2006.
Paleochora (or Palaiochora, Paleohora) is the westernmost city and seaside resort on the south coast of the prefecture of Chania, Crete. It lies 70 km from the city of Chania, and it will take you about one and a half hour, to get here. Local attractions include the abundant wild flowers in the spring, the opportunity to see Venetian and Byzantine wall paintings in some of the local churches (those in Anidri and Voutas being particularly impressive), and a museum dedicated to the Acretans in the town itself. It stands out on the south coast of western Crete. Not because it is built on a peninsula that extends into the Libyan Sea, but because it is the most complete resort on the south coast of the prefecture of Chania, with beautiful isolated small anchorages.
The area gathers many of those who want to spend their holidays in the southern part of the prefecture of Chania. The number of visitors added to approximately 2500 residents, is what makes Paleohora to have a nice atmosphere, mostly during the high tourist season and especially in the evening, when people empty the beaches and make their night out. The many different beaches of the site, easily accessible by a continuous coastal road, is one of the reasons why it stands out on the south coast of Chania prefecture. For those that love hiking, you have the option to walk on the European trail E4, whether westward from Paleohora to Elafonissi, either eastwards from Paleohora to Sougia.
We at Enorme Hotels & Villas embrace our responsibility for sustainability and strongly believe that the communities in which our hotels lie are the cornerstone of local cultural prosperity, economic growth and upgrading of the Mediterranean diet. We are committed to integrating leading environmental and social practices as well as sustainability principles into our business strategy. Through collaboration with our suppliers, owners, business partners, and guests, we will actively work to reduce the environmental and negative social impact of our business activities related to food and beverage sourcing, production, consumption and disposal and to continually improve and innovate.